Around 2013, the WordPress theme market became saturated. More people started selling themes to make a quick buck. Programmers flooded the market with carbon-copy, trendy themes. Each theme had the identical and typical ingredients needed for a quick sell. Themes became more complex as programmers tried to differentiate their products. The upside was many coders produced free crippled themes. Giving away themes with reduced functionality generated site traffic. Some visitors would then upsell to paid versions.
Free WordPress themes need two types of customization for a tailored web experience: branding and page-load tweaking. They usually aren’t optimized for speed. Stripping out unneeded features for speed is an absolute necessity for cross-device websites. Both paid and free themes don’t need heavy bells and whistles. It can be difficult getting a theme up and running. Overhaul reports help get you on the road to digital success in no time.
PagePipe publishes Overhaul, a collection of reports about customizing and tweaking WordPress themes for branding and performance. Each report documents the reverse-engineering of a different WordPress website and evaluates it’s design components. Overhaul is not for newbies but rather for the 20,000 professional designers who already make a living building WordPress websites.
Orchestrating themes, plugins, images, colors, and fonts sharpen our creativity and design skills. Our report series, Overhaul, also, examines how we can optimize pages for low-bandwidth mobile while still enhancing branding. Knowing how to tweak themes build your professional credibility.
What’s in Overhaul reports?
- Tweaking a WordPress theme can make a big difference in performance and appearance. Your client’s customers will have a better web experience. Overhaul reports show you why to improve themes by making fine adjustments.
- Overhaul is like a “Making Of” documentary – a tour of details, tips, pitfalls and discoveries producing a custom WordPress website. This design knowledge satisfies our need to discover new creative methods.
- Overhaul reports contain valuable design business sense. The reports reassure us we’ve chosen a good design course – or show us why we need to rethink old habits or stop following the herd.
- Overhaul teaches best practices for making choices in the huge world of WordPress. With thousands of plugins and themes available, it’s hard for many designers to make selections. We simplify those decisions with a guide of best design practices.
- Some commercial WordPress products use misleading advertising. Designers need to know what degree of skill a theme or plugin requires, and if it includes all necessary information.
Overhaul is the only way to learn customizing and tweaking of WordPress themes for both performance and branding balance. You’ll achieve better website experiences.